Mamas that had strep throat.

ok mamas here is my situation... i have a very sore throat, (i know its strep) i get it all the time. well heres the thing.. i am allergic to ammoxicillin, pennicillin, well really all the "cillians", but anyways, i have an appointment for later, but wat is the meds you got for strep while pregnant? are there any other than the ones im allergic to?

1sttimemom2011

Asked by 1sttimemom2011 at 8:11 AM on Feb. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• I know there are others out there because my son used to get strep all the time when he was younger and he too is allergic to penicillin, amoxicillin, etc. I can't recall if it was one of the "mycin" medications or not. Ask your doctor.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 8:15 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• i just had it an im also allergic to all of those. the doc gave me a Z-PAK and it knocked it right out. however, im not pregnant. but i think zpaks are pretty mild.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:18 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• thank mamas! :)
    1sttimemom2011

Comment by 1sttimemom2011 (original poster) at 8:21 AM on Feb. 9, 2011