Are there

undercover moms on CM? (as in not really moms)

Some women said they sneak to the daddy sites and pretend to be dads, but the men don't raise as much of a stink as we would here.

I think the whole moms-only thing is for marketing, personally, rather than any real concern over whose joining or they'd take greater efforts to ensure it (at the very least asking gender during signup). Giving anything typed here can be lied about why even bother with such a restriction?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:15 AM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Oh, I agree - or at least, honestly, I hope he did come back, and not just feel frustrated that he was denied getting help from other parents, so gave up.

But I agree, it really is funny how that difference is such a big deal. People don't have a problem with women asking very detailed sex questions, etc (NOT saying that people don't have a right to ask them, just saying that they are asked without an eye being blinked), but a man comes here and asks something like "How do I get my kids to stop fighting in the morning" (or something like that - I don't remember what exactly he was asking) and people are up in arms!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:41 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Honestly, I don't care if the people here are Moms or not. I've seen questions asked here that, if we take the post at face value, were posted by a man (I remember one from awhile back that said he was a widowed dad and he was asking questions about parenting - they were very legit, "parent type" questions), and I've seen questions that, again, taken at face value and believing they are women, are asking some very "non parenting" sorts of questions if you know what I mean...

So to me, as long as you're respectful and not on here trolling for dates, trying to have cyber sex with someone, or whatever, then personally, I don't care if you're a man or woman.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:29 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I believe there are primarily moms on here, most guys wouldn't have the patience to deal with some of the drama. Even if they are guys, who cares as long as they aren't causing trouble? Proving identity would be expensive to CafeMom (or they would have to charge for the site), that's why they don't do it.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:19 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I am sure there are a lot of those, even if they were to ask the gender they can easily lie.

Answer by older at 8:18 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• oh i remember awhile ago some daddies sneakin on here. i'm sure they still do it.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:19 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• It would not surprise me that some men are doing this. It would be interesting for them, too.
    Aries46845

Answer by Aries46845 at 2:56 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:19 PM on Feb. 9, 2011