When do you communicate to your dh about sex? adult content

wouldnt you think the appropriate time would be before sex or during sex? i tried talking to my dh about our relationship last night and he said "why are you wanting to talk now"..."can't you talk to me about things before we go to bed." so..my dh expects me to bring up sex talk at the dinner table..or while watching tv..wtf. what is up with that?

..oh and we did have sex last night..i guess he just didnt want to talk forever about stuff...he wanted to get it over with maybe. idk.

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 8:27 AM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• I agree with Zoe. But what kind of talk do you need about sex? lol Just curious
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:47 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• just general. someone suggested yesterday that we communicate more. so i thought i would start out by telling him that i know i don't like oral much but if thats something he "desires" then for him to let me know..and i would be into it. i just wanted to let him know that i wanted his sexual needs would be met..i just want him to open up to me.. he is just shy though. he says.."all i want is you." he don't like talking about sex at all.
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 8:53 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Hubby and I talk pretty freely bout sex.
    Maybe try this: buy the board game, "The Loving Game".... open a bottle of wine and let natural take its course.
    Hubby and I did this (there are questions and acts in the game).... we spent 3 hours talking about childhood memories. It was GREAT!!! Had nothing to do with sex, but was still good connecting like that. Oh, and we did play it again and had loads of fun doing some of the sexy stuff in it as well.
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 8:56 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• really, what kind of stuff..nothing to corny is it? my dh would probably tell my i'm crazy.
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 8:58 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• My husband and I talk about sex alot. Try not to have the sex talks too long or drawn out. We talk about frequency, places we want to do it, positions, things i like and things he likes, oral sex, and ways to make it better (if thats possible). I think the more open you are about sex the better it is to please each other. Because than you know what the other person likes best.
    True_Gator_77

Answer by True_Gator_77 at 10:06 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• My dh and I have the best conversations about sex or us immediately after sex. While we're still in after glow lol. I find that we're both more open to communicate then.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:30 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• communicate. when you talk about sex right before sex it can cause performance anxiety. he doesnt mean like at dinner but during a neutral time like just sitting down and talking bout it when he's not ready to get some...
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 10:52 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• It might be something like: dance with each other without music for 2 min, share where you'd like to be in 5yr, 10yr.... then it can get spicy to things like: give your partner a lap dance, have your partner take your hands and show you what to do. Then there are some others that get even more spicy that requires some props like chocolate and whipped cream..... but its not all naughty. But the hubby will like the naughty ones!
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 2:12 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I will only speak in regards to myself/my husband/our marriage.

We communicate about sex all the time. There is no regulated or acceptable time really. We talk whenever we need to or want to, and sometimes just for the hell of it because some thought pop up or we saw something/read something..etc.Sex isn't a taboo subject for us that is only to take place in our bedroom before we get ready to do it. If anything a real discussion about sex, especially if it's a discussion about issues/problems, that would be the worst time for us to have that talk. It would be a big downer if we were about to have sex, and not a discussion that could really happen in just a few moments before going to sleep. Communicating about sex for us, is everything from having serious talks about issues/problems, to fun thinks like flirting with one another, and sharing thoughts/ideas. Sex is a part of our lives in general, not just part of the bedroom
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:58 PM on Feb. 9, 2011