Help???? Marriage!!!! TMI!!!!!!!!!! adult content

I know I have been answering questions on here about everyone elses marriage, and even though im answering theres I still feel the need to ask for advice as well.. MyDH and I knew eachother for 6 months before we got married and threw our marriage there has been signs of him talking to other woman, though he says he hasnt done anything but talk to them. Ive asked him to stop and he did, NOW for the past 6 months I have been dealing with him going to pornography sites. I have talked to him about it, threatned leaving him, and have asked what he gets out of the sites?? When he cant you know get with the girls on the sites... HE always tells me he doesnt have an answer to the question, and Im afraid that if I dont start working on the matter that its going to ruin our relationship.. Im trying to do it without marriage counseling because I feel that its not bad enough to seek counseling yet... Please ladies help me out here, any advice would greatly be appreciated

Thanks

Marine_Wifey89

Asked by Marine_Wifey89 at 8:48 AM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• http://www.lemondrop.com/2010/05/26/why-men-are-really-addicted-to-porn/

Maybe understanding why he does it might help you out.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:05 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• i don't think the whole "a lot of men watch porn, it's no big deal" is a reasonable argument. to me that's like saying "a lot of people cheat, it's ok"

either one could hurt your feelings. everyone is different.

i also don't believe you need to wait until things get "bad" to seek marriage counseling. sometimes marriage counseling is sought to help strengthen marriages that already seem to be going "smoothly".
    r.e.l.s.m.o.m.

Answer by r.e.l.s.m.o.m. at 10:09 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• You did not mention how long you have been married, There is no way anyone can know someone after six months! I would be curious what it is that maybe he is missing. I hope you both are comfortable talking about your sexual desires I feel its important. One thing that is real good is he did not lie or deny his behavior. Communciate and be open to new 'things'. good luck
    dmr73059

Answer by dmr73059 at 9:04 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I would think its a respect thing, if he keeps doing it, and he KNOWS it hurts your feelings, well, WTF. IF you have warned him, and it is a big deal to you, then leave. Let him now that your not playin
    wifecombs

Answer by wifecombs at 9:22 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• @ Teresa2266 I dont like the fact that he does it because he doesnt tell me about it he hides it behind my back and the only way I find out about it is when I get on the computer.!!! And seriously why would he feel the need to look at these sites when he has a wife willing to have intercourse???? Ladies I have been married for 2 years now and other then the porn sites, we really dont have any arguements or anything wrong in our relationship.. I have warned him about it, and have talked about it... I am open to talking about sexual desires with him as he does know this, and NO matter what I do he always seems to go back to the porn sites... I have told him he has a problem and that he should seek therapy for his problem, yet he fails to even bother looking for help... Im getting to my breaking point.. And it is a sign of respect for me, I dont like it so I believe my husband shouldnt be doing it......
    Marine_Wifey89

Comment by Marine_Wifey89 (original poster) at 10:32 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• and I would leave, but the only problem is im a stay at home wife for now.... And would have no way of getting any money for rent... Oh and did I mention the closet family and friends I have are 8 hrs away in Texas??? So its kinda hard for me to get up and just leave
    Marine_Wifey89

Comment by Marine_Wifey89 (original poster) at 10:34 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• whats so bad about the porn sites? It is common for a man to do this. he could be doing worse, like cheating instead. he is doing it in your home and your aware of it. its really not that big of deal to make a fuss over.
    Teresa2266

Answer by Teresa2266 at 9:07 AM on Feb. 9, 2011