Longest flight

What is the longest non stop flight you've every taken? How was it? Where do you live and where did you go? I would love to go to Australia some day but dont think Id be able to sit for that long! lol (Im in NJ). My longest has been 5 hours to California. Not bad but any longer would really suck! I enjoy flying but get antsy quick.

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 8:54 AM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Travel

• 9 hours, Chicago to Germany. Did it with my 5-yr old and it was actually pretty easy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I had to fly a few hours (I dont remember how many exactly) from Oregon to Georgia. Then 9 hrs from Georgia to Germany. Did it alone with my 3 month old.
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 10:22 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• LAX to Brisbane Australia. We did have a couple hour layover in New Zealand. Total flight time 16 hours. My dd was 2. she did great! Totally worth the trip and can not wait to go back!
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 10:23 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• 10 hours from New York to Tel Aviv. Add another 4 hours from Denver and a lay over and it was a very long trip.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:00 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• 12 hours-Tn to Rome, Italy. It was an overnight flight going so it went by really quick...on the way back it was a day trip, but it too went by quick-I think I watched like 5 movies. We are flew from here to Ireland and it was 9 hours-overnight flight both ways so we slept mostly.
    We are currently saving to go to Australia...I am so excited!!!!
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 7:32 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Christchurch NZ to San Francisco about 16 hours-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:41 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• 10 hours, Cincinnati to Paris.
    JessiFaye

Answer by JessiFaye at 4:17 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Newark to Paris. Super long flight. I forgot how long it was but it felt like forever.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 8:55 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• With the time change during the flight...went on a 26 hour flight...granted I remember stopping at least twice...once in Alaska...or maybe a mini stop in another base to get to Okinawa, but I think I was in the air for at least 9 hours nonstop. It was suppose to be a 2 day flight, but in the end, with the time change, it was almost a few hours after I left the states lol.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 1:59 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• 8 1/2 hours from DC to England. We made the trip with a 15 month old and it went great! I just made sure to have a few favorite toys, a couple new toys, books, colors/coloring books, etc. Lots of snacks and bottled water.
    travellingmom20

Answer by travellingmom20 at 11:55 PM on Apr. 2, 2011