What to give her to eat after having a bad tummy ache?

My 7 yr. old dd looks like she is feeling better she was feeling sick yesterday I am keeping her home from school today she has good attendance anyway. But I do want to know what can I feed her, I offered her some dry toast she said no then I offered her some saltiness crackers she ate 4 she has been sipping on watered down tea room tempeture...so far so good. my dh wants me to take her to the dr so he can give her something. I mean what can he do I think we should wait it out she seems to be fine she is acting like herself.
thanks ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Feb. 9, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• There is nothing you can do for a tummy ache except wait it out. Just keep doing what you are doing. Jello is also good, broth and mashed potatoes w/o much butter.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:00 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Yogurt.

Yogurt, which is full of natural healthy bacteria can help soothe a stomach ache. Often a stomach ache is caused due to lack of bacteria that helps to break down food, meaning the stomach acids that help break down food are working over-time causing pain, cramping and acid reflux. Yogurt replenishes those lost bacterias that are so essential to our digestion.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:02 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• A doctor isn't going to fix a stomach ache; kids get them. The BRAT diet is good; Bananas, Rice, Toast. Best of luck - I bet she'll be feeling much better soon.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:02 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Try the BRAT diet
    B - Banana's
    R - Rice
    A - Applesauce
    T - Toast (try a light coating of jam or pb)
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 9:03 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Keep it simple. Wonton soup from the local Chinese restaurant is good. Plain pasta or rice. Keep her hydrated. Gatorade is also very good.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 9:21 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• My girls had the same thing and doctor would not see them and told me just push the fluids like 7up, water, pediatlye, gatarade. As for eating I have been watching and doing the brat diet which is listed up above. Or things I have been my girls is soup crackers, graham crackers, toast, english muffins, jello, popslices, baked pt with just a little butter, rolls, pancakes, waffles, soup, ginger snaps cookies, dry cereal, just anything light to eat, a little at a time. My girls get well and then sick again. so just keep an eye out. Also have had the diarria part. If really think she needs to be seen take her but my doctor said just to let it runs it course nothing can give them. Also made my girls take it easy and rest. Hang in there it will get better. first time in over 2 weeks all three are in school and crossing my fingers.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 9:27 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• fluids
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:02 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Have you tried giving her ginger ale for her tummy ache? Ginger is really good for upset tummies.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 11:36 PM on Feb. 10, 2011