My son is 11 and daughter 10years old. Does any other tween moms see a problem with ongoing negativity in life affecting kids and the discouragement behind it?

In school, sports, television, the negative dicouraging topics, issues that seem so important to society, parents, friends, everything. I just noticed how negative things seem to be and I feel we should put more positive into it. I don't mean give them the world, my kids already have seen bad and know the world isn't perfect but can't we teach positivity in thinking and enouraging instead of discouraging. I just see alot from my kids, hear alot, and from their friends as well.

ConnectHearts

Asked by ConnectHearts at 8:58 AM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Honestly, I think part of this is due to all of the negativity in the general news. We started trying to find topics for current events and while there are plenty of the negative ones, it's hard to find postive news stories out there. Kids are bombarded with crime, fear and never mind the internal emotional turmoil that goes with being a tween. I agree with you, it's rough.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:01 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I've taught my kids that there are always struggles, and for every one there is something equally good. Where there is hope and dreams there is a positive attitude.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:01 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I agree it's news too, I think society as a whole needs to focus on positive too more and leave a lot of drama out of it.
    ConnectHearts

Comment by ConnectHearts (original poster) at 10:03 AM on Feb. 9, 2011