What do I do know?

Pissed as hell. I have so much pain and anger bottled up I can barley contain it. And I don't have anyone to talk to about it. My hubby is more of the, if I can't touch it I don't deal with it type. My mother decided a long time ago that I was to be there for her, so she has never been there for me. And my friends are sick of it.

What is it, My little sister? She tried to kill herself last year. She was deployed and held the fucking gun they issued her to her head more then once. She told me what she was doing I didn't freak out and when we agreed that it was time to get someone else involved I did. Yes, I spilled her guts but they (her commanding officers) had been told before that she was suicidal and they let her talk them out of it. Yes, she is a private person and I spilled her guts, but I wanted to ensure she dealt with everything. Yes, she tried to tell her husband he was to much of a dumb ass to listen. He even yelled at her from the metal hospital, so ya he is a dumb fuck. And he should have been the one she was telling, not me, but I knew she was in trouble and she needed someone so I listened.

And now a year later she is still angry with me and not talking to me. SHe has forgiven her husband and is making nice with everyone else. She has gotten back to herself for the most part. I don't think something like that goes away there is always the emotional scar. But she won't talk to me. ANd I am angry and so heart broken. We were bf we talked 1-2 times a week. And we talked about everything and anything.

I have mailed her a long letter 6 months ago, no response. I called her on Christmas, no answer, no response. I sent her a Christmas card, no response. When she was hurt I sent a get well card. Her birthday is coming up I was going to send a card, not expecting a response.

What else can I do, or not do? I am asking anonymously because this is still a public forum and this is dirty laundry. But I am out of ideas.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• Have you told her you love her? You did what you thought best because you didn't want to lose her? And, in helping her you lost her. Tell her you miss her and you are here if she ever decides to be a sister again. Keep it simple. Keep it short. Send the note in her birthday card. If no response, back off.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 10:06 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• My opinion would be to keep sending the little gestures, cards and calls, etc. It shows her you care and you are not giving up on being there for her. But at the same time she has to come around in her own time.
    Proud_Mommy05

Answer by Proud_Mommy05 at 9:18 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Leave it alone and give her some time. It seems the more you push the more she pulls away.
    KWnavywife

Answer by KWnavywife at 9:20 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Hugs! She may need more time to heal or maybe she just can't face you right now. I would not give up on her, I would still send cards on birthdays, holidays and give her the time/space she needs. When she is ready to talk or make peace about this, she will contact you.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:30 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• you may need to stop sending cards and go visit her. I know what your going thru had that happen to my sister we see each other everyday and talk atleaset 3hrs a wekk on ohone fb or twitter but i had told someone to get her some help and she was mad at me didnt speak to me for what seemed like forever. i called no answer text no answer sent a letter no answer went to see her and made her listen to me we mended that broken fence and we will not be going thru that again
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 10:48 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I would love to go see her she is on the other side of the country from me. We are hoping to go back and see family this holiday seasons but that is a long time from now. Thank you, I needed to here all of this.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:55 PM on Feb. 9, 2011