How do you feel about the ranking here?

gardenchic

Asked by gardenchic at 9:10 AM on Feb. 9, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I don't really have an opinion one way or the other; but it is easier to see who is just here to cause trouble (new posters, offensive questions). Other than using it to help see if someone is a troll I don't pay attention.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:24 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I think it adds to the fun, it's like a game to get more points and it also shows who spends time in what areas. (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:45 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• It's bogus.

Just because someone has reached "Relationships Degree" doesn't mean that they have good advise. It only means that they have posted enough answers to reach that level...valuable or not.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:54 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• It defeats its own purpose. Instead of forcing people to participate and behave to earn privileges, they just powerlevel them in the point whoring section like they're playing world of warcraft. Before they had the point whoring section, they still did it, they just flooded all the other categories with it instead. For it to be effective, they'd need to double or triple the levels required to earn things, or else double or triple the amount of points needed per level.

Meaningless.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:27 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I'm neutral, either way I would go about my business the same. However as the PP pointed out the high level or "degrees" doesn't mean anything except a person has answered a lot of questions.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 4:05 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• This may be somewhat off topic, but one thing I've noticed is that alot of questions have a simple yes or no answer. But when people stick to a simple yes or no, they often get voted down. Not sure why unless it's because they didn't elaborate. *shrugs.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 1:04 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Oh, another thing. I didn't like the fact that I had to reach level 11 before I could vote down an answer. Someone could strongly disagree with a post, yet can't vote it down because they aren't on that level yet. Yet anybody can vote up an answer. That makes it look like alot of people agree with the post when there could be just as many that don't.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 1:06 PM on Feb. 10, 2011