100th day

Is your child's class/school doing a 100th day project. And if so what are you doing for it yeah I am kinda looking for ideas. :) I should also add that he is in Kindergarten. Thank you for any and all ideas.

liss05

Asked by liss05 at 9:21 AM on Feb. 9, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• When my daughter was in kindergarten I made her a special 100 days shirt. I cut the number 100 out of fabric and stitched it onto a plain white tee. Then, I sent her with a "special" marker to school (a sharpie) and told her to see if she could get at least 100 people to sign her shirt. She ended up with well over 100 signatures and it was such a big hit the shirt became an annual tradition.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:42 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• My daughter is in Kindergarden their 100th day is today or tomorrow. She had to count out 100 of the same item (we did Reese's Pieces) put them in a brown paper bag and write 3 clues on an index card for the rest of the class and teacher to guess what was in her bag. I thought it was a cute idea!!
    Proud_Mommy05

Answer by Proud_Mommy05 at 9:27 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Yes...there were but school was cancelled due to bad weather :( (Feb. 4th)
    Make a t/shirt with a hundred buttons all kins of shapes and sizes or 100 safety pins. Or just copy a 100 dollar bill and pin it to their shirt but make sure you write copy on it so no one get any ideas...lol GL and have fun!!!
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:28 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• My 4yr old's 4K class is celebrating 100 day. What his teacher did was send home a brown lunch sack and asked that we put 100 things in it and tape it up. On the bag she has a spot for 3 clues - to help the kids guess what is in the bag. Then on 100 day they are going to shake the bags and see how different things make different sounds, have different weights, and of course 'mystery solving' by guessing the clues. Any 'edible' items will be shared with the class and be snacked on.
    My son chose dum dum suckers for his 100 items.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:37 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• We sent in a bag with 100 pieces of pasta in it.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 4:35 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• My kindergartner didn't have any project to do. :-(
    They did have the 100th day on Wednesday, and celebrated all day. The kids had to count out 100 snacks....10 each of 10 items...count 10 Cheez Its, then write Cheez It on their paper, count 10 M&M's and write it, and so on. They had crowns they made for the day, and made Fruit Loop necklaces with 100 Fruit Loops on each.

My cousin is in K at another school. She made a poster of 100 pictures of herself.
    A friend's dd painted a wooden letter of her initial, then glued on 100 small gemstones. Made a nice wall decoration after, too!
    JonesMama

Answer by JonesMama at 1:44 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I did not read the responses so forgive me if it was already said......but my 6 yr had the 100 day yesterday and every kid had to bring 100 of something edible and then made a huge trail mix. so he brought 100 raisins ...
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:20 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• teacher

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 11:59 AM on Feb. 9, 2011