• In the Spotlight:

Have you had this happen??

I have never had a problem with my son eating ANYTHING! (hince the reason he is 19.7 lb LOL) Anyway, I was starting him on cinnamon this weekend, Friday he got his shots and i thought him not wanting food was due to that. Fri, Sat and Sun he wouldn't eat I mean crying ans screaming as soon as i put the spoon up to his mouth , but at night he didn't have a problem with he cereal, so I tried a pinch of cinnamon in his cereal about half way through eating, and instant crying?

Could this be hurting his mouth? Has this happened to anyone else??

brannen

Asked by brannen at 10:16 AM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How old is he? When should you introduce cinnamon? I know they aren't supposed to even have honey till they are well over one year old. Is that the same for spices? I would cut it out of his diet and let him readjust.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 10:25 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• i really never gave my kid spices, ............ it could be even the taste of it..he doesnt like and got angry at it.

why dont you put a little sugar in the cereal instead of cinnimon??

why would you?

i mean to you put salt and pepper on his baby carrots and peas?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• do you * typo

indeed no honey neither...until a full year....
    but they say not to give cyro syrup*sp*

neither....and i did...and she was fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• He is 5 months. I aske the pedi and she said it was fine to start trying, of course use the 4 day wait rule (I usually wait 7 days between everything). I know no Honey until 1 year. You should never add sugar or salt to their food. This is the first spice we have introduces.

I just wanted to see the other opions were.
    brannen

Answer by brannen at 10:41 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I never added spices, but I did feed foods with spices like cinnamon apple sauce. My dd hasn't found anything she does like (except olives). He probably just doesn't like the taste.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• his tummy was prob upset from the shots , hence why he was not eating in the first place, then he finally got a nice easy meal easy on the tummy and he probably did not like something new after all of that
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I started giving my son cinnamon about a month ago (8 months) in his oatmeal cereal.  He screamed a little at first but he loves it now.  I add unsweetened applesauce to it though.  Maybe try applesauce with it?

BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 11:27 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Well in the morning he had his fruit with out a problem, it was with the sweet potato and cinnamon, and then the cinnamon with his cereal.
    brannen

Answer by brannen at 11:27 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Thank you BabyBreyen. i will give him a few days and try that.
    brannen

Answer by brannen at 11:28 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I think he probably just didn't feel good.
    Just an FYI cinnamon is a high risk allery food
    http://weelicious.com/allergens/
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:31 PM on Nov. 17, 2008