Working from home?

Is it even possible? Are they all scams? I work as a freelance writer and would love to work from home. **Edit** I meant to say a job that pays more than what I make as a writer, I am currently averaging $200 a month.- sorry -

MamaCyjo

Asked by MamaCyjo at 9:26 AM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Money & Work

• Yes there are legit 'work from home' jobs out t here - I have one! The best way to find one is to go thru a reliable company and not answer newspaper ads (those are mostly scams).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• It really depends on if you are looking for a work from home job or work from home business. The jobs are few and far between because of the high demand. Although there are tons of scams out there so be sure to do you research and check with the Better Business Bureau.

If you are interested in a home business, I am with Internet CEO Moms and we help other moms work from home. :o) We have been helping moms work from home since 1999. No selling, No parties, No inventory, NO Risk.

To get the details, visit my site at www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com and get all the info on our team :o)
    Check out Internet CEO Moms Official Fan Page at www.LikeInternetCEOMoms.com

Take Care and good luck in your search!
    ~Alyssa M.
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms
    www.sandamaliska.blogspot.com
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 10:12 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I never found any work from home "jobs" that were legit. I ended up with a home based business and it's worked out great for me. I'm an Independent Distributor for Mia Bella's.

how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 10:40 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I, too, have found a VERY legitimate work from home business through Internet CEO Moms. I work with Alyssa Maliska (above) and absolutely love her and this team so much. We are the largest group of moms working from home and we have so much fun. We have all the tools you will need to be very successful.

You should definitely check out Alyssa's website www.4TheLoveofMyFamily.com to get ALL the details. It is one of the best decisions I have ever made! I know you will be very impressed.

Sarah Niska
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms
    Sarah82879

Answer by Sarah82879 at 11:12 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Most freelance writers do work from home.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:54 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I would love to share with you my journey working from home! totally not a scam! legit! amazing company! let me know if you would like to know more! hope this helps honey!
    thanks
    arbnmom

Answer by arbnmom at 2:40 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I am a Rep with Juice Plus. Legit company thats been around for 40 years. They started by selling water filters and home smoke dectors then moved into the health and wellness industry 17 years ago. My job is sharing a simple way for people to live healthier lives and it is very rewarding work. I'd be happy to share more with you, please feel free to contact me.
    www.welovejuiceplus.com
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 2:57 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I actually blog about work at home opportunities and ideas.  You are welcome to read my blog at Mavi's Home Work

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:23 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with medical billing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:46 PM on Feb. 13, 2011