Anyone else looking for one?

Anyone else looking for a job and can't find one or get a response back from employers? I've filled out and taken a whole lot of online application and tests...should I just go places or is doing it online just as good?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Just for Fun

• The economy is just bad. don't give up.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• YEAH. Its bullshit, I have been looking for a job since freakin april. Its hard not to give up but i need to help support my family.

Ive been told with someplaces in person is better, but someplaces only do online apps, so idk.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I used to be a corporate recruiter for a very large company. We did everything on-line. Part of it had to do with OFCCP regulations since we had a government contract. We would never accept a walk-in. Even those who looked like a great candidate were referred to the on-line process. Make sure that you dress the part and that your resume is honest and well written. If you are searching for a job and act/look like you could care less, it won't work. I'm not implying that you are doing that; it's just that I've seen too many people walk into my office looking like they were on their way to the grocery store when they were job hunting. And the previous poster is correct. The economy is tough, tough, tough right now. There may be hundreds of people applying to one job opening. The competition in FIERCE! Good luck.
    have2travel

Answer by have2travel at 10:32 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• A year and a half ago I went through a free program provided by a women's center... available to both men and women. I was very surprised to learn what I did not know about getting a job. Resume formats are different, online submission requires you to have keywords or you'll never be seen, expectations of HR regarding thank you letters, cover letters, etc. If you PM me I can share this great information with you... it has really helped me and many others.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 10:32 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Yea, but I'm just looking for like an entry level job even a retail position I'm not picky (I just want money to save for the baby we're expecting soon) So....I've went to stores and shops and they said fill out an application online...well I've done that and nothing. Its really freggin SAD when I can't even get a retail position...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Nov. 17, 2008