Homeschooling - sacrifice my cute dining room decor??

I am homeschooling my kids. Just starting actually. I really want a spot to display their achievements and art work but we have a really small house. The only spot I can have a cork board & display would be the dining room wall. But I have cute decorations up. Would you sacrifice your decor for homeschooling purposes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Feb. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yep, in fact, we have a bookcase in our dining room. (c: Really, though, what are you more proud of, your child's acomplishments or some decor? My kids also have their own cork boards in their rooms for special things they want to display, and for some of our art projects I frame and use them as home decor.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:03 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• My dining room is the one room I have that I can have my fine china, crystal, antiques, etc. that the kids don't touch, so no I wouldn't. It's also large enough that I have 2 side chairs and an occasional table in the bay window to sit if a friend comes by to chat. But if it was a dining room we actually used for family meals, then yes I would. Is there not a hallway?

Answer by missanc at 10:04 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Did you before you were a part of this subculture? If not, then why are you debating now?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:06 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Have them pick just one thing to display each day. Hallway, their room, or the fridge. Do you have a pantry door? Laundry door? That would work also.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 10:24 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• My child's art work is all over my kitchen walls and fridge, and some of it hangs in the dining room as well. I don't homeschool, this is from pre school. If my home were actually a classroom, yeah I'd have an entire room in my home set up for it. If all I had was the dining room then the dining room it would be.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 10:25 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• My kids artwork is my decor. I have more of their art framed and hanging on my walls than I do of anything else.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 10:47 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I have a bookshelf in my dining area, plus a magnetic dry erase on the door! lol so it looks like a classroom instead of a place to eat! lol but you do what you've got to do! Although if your board is primarily for showing work done, I might would put it on the fridge (that's what I do).
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:27 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• if it is important to you, you should make the sacrifice. Is there NO WHERE else you can put it? Bedroom, kids room, kitchen?
    MChildressDem

Answer by MChildressDem at 10:19 PM on Feb. 9, 2011