How to approach your parent about ur 2nd pregnancy ? adult content

i really wanna have another baby i am 23 and had a baby at 20 my mom was not happy at all i no she dosent rull me but i dont now how she will react to another child even though that is what i really want i may just try any way but i dont wanna feel lie im disrespectful thnx.

mykids44

Asked by mykids44 at 10:05 AM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• If your living with her you need to get your own place before you have another child.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 10:06 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• its not really her business and she doesn't have a say in it. If she cant be supportive then tell her you can't see her anymore and she'll miss seeing her gr-kids grow up and then find some people that can be supportive.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 10:07 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• my mom wasn't happy either time that I got pregnant. I know she had no say in it because I was married when i had both babies and I had my own place and I was more mature than she was when she had us. If you think you are mature enough to handle two kids and that you are a great parent its your choice to bring in another child! Good luck! Siblings are wonderful with each other.
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 10:10 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• It's sad when parents aren't supportive because you're not living your life THEIR way. They should support you no matter what you decided to do with your life (unless it involves hurting or killing people. Than I can understand them wanting to discourage it.).
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 10:11 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• If you are supporting yourself and will continue to do so with another child, then it is not disrespectful to your mom; if this is the case you just share the happy news with her when there is news to share. If your mom is supporting you financially or providing you with a place to live or free childcare, then it would be extremely disrespectful for you to intentionally get pregnant.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:14 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I suppose as long as you are living on your own, paying your own way and can afford to support 2 children (hopefully you have a husband/life partner that helps you) then it's not her business. But if you are living with her and using her as daycare, then I wouldn't blame her
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:16 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• my mother wasnt happy about me having my 2nd child either since my husband and I were getting a divorce( which we didnt) and I was pregnant for 8 months and she got over it about 5 months into it. I told her good thing its not her since she thought I didnt need another baby.
    SkylaReneeMom

Answer by SkylaReneeMom at 10:16 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• My mother was not happy when she found out I was preggo with my first but soon got over it. It took her alot longer to get used to the idea of me having another. I wrote her a letter cause I knew she wouldn't handle it well at all. It worked well for me. She loves both my kiddos equally it was just the fact she wanted me to have a better life than what she had when she had me and I was rasing my kiddos on my own.
    Proud_Mommy05

Answer by Proud_Mommy05 at 10:34 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Are you married? Do you support yourself? If the decision is going to effect her then you need to wait until you can support yourself. If you can afford another then this should be a decision between you and your husband.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:45 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• no im not married but my boyfriend and i have been together for 6 years i live in my own apartment with him and my daughter in atlanta me and my boyfriend both work at k-mart from 7-3p.m so my daughter does go over my moms during that time i understand that it would b rude to have another child and depend on my mother but during my 1st pregnancy she was thrilled it was a girl and wanted to take care of her even though her and my daughter autumn have a strong bond i dont think she will be happy with another child but me and my partner are both grown and independent.
    mykids44

Comment by mykids44 (original poster) at 11:18 AM on Feb. 9, 2011