26 and another valentines ALONE!! :(

I'm 26 and was in a relationshiT not ship.. For about 8yrs. We were always seperated on valentines. I have NEVER had a romantic or clebrated vday or anyother holiday or birthday. I feel so alone and feel at this point I will never have true love besides my daughter.. Anyone feel as alone as me.. How can I accept that and be happy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• Find some things you love to do for yourself - love yourself (easier said than done- believe me, I know) .

and as for Velentines day- It's just another day, My man has never been romantic or any of that -we don't do anything for it EVER...it's just a way to make money in my opinion anyway
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:14 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Let's see. At 26, I had had ONE Valentine's Day in a relationship... .and it had been a pretty crappy Valentine's Day at that. The advice I was given? STOP LOOKING. WORK ON YOU. A relationship will come WHEN IT'S TIME.

So I concentrated on my career and my faith. And Ya Know What? I met my future husband six months later. (Not that Valentine's Day is still anything but a crap holiday in my book.)

Concentrate on you and your daughter. That's what's IMPORTANT... the rest WILL COME when it's TIME.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:15 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• If I were you, I would get one of my single girlfriends and go out on Valentines day for dinner & then dancing! You need to be more positive. You are still young! You need to put effort into meeting a man that is worthy of you & you deserve the best! Nothing comes easy so you actually have to work hard to find a good guy. You are the only one responsible for your happiness. Don't sit around, enjoy your youth and have a great time! GL :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:19 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Valentines day isn't anything special IMO. If you love someone you will show it the other 364 days out of the year as well, not just Feb 14th, so I really don't get why people get so worked up over being alone on V-day. If its that important to you, treat yourself to something spacial. Also, you can't wait on someone to make you happy. You have to learn to be happy and content on your own before you can truly ever be happy with any one else.
    KWnavywife

Answer by KWnavywife at 10:22 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I feel the same. It's starting to bother me that I'm almost 23 and I'm alone - my parents were married by the time my mom was my age. 'Course they ended up divorced, but still.
    My son's dad and I never did anything for Valentine's day. I always tried to initiate something but it never worked. We never had money for romance...yet we had money for beer and smokes, go figure...anyway...
    Just focus on the good things in your life, like your daughter. I'm spending this V-day with my best friend. I'm going to bake us some heart shaped cookies and we're going to play Monopoly & maybe finish off the wine in the fridge. I'm putting meeting a new guy on the back-burner & maybe when I stop looking something will happen. I suggest you do the same!
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 10:30 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Seeing as I just broke up with my bf of 3 years and have court on Valentine's day for Domestic Violence him not me) my day is gonna be pretty crappy too... but that's what friends ae for! If you are feeling glum you can always message me! But my friends and I are gonna go out, have a few drinks, and just be silly!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:36 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• After complaining my ex surprised me with flowers and chocolate. We are not together and the gesture really made my day. Its just a made up holiday..I know. But someone doing something nice and special does something to the soul$
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:47 PM on Feb. 10, 2011