RSV

my 3 month old has rsv as of monday when he was tested, He is hardly sleeping ,fever isnt going below 100 ,crying non stop, and is coughing alot more. I have called the doctors office they are closed, and I am snowed in due to 5-6 feet snow drifts and its just me my husband went to work (friend had to come get him since we cant get our car out) how can I help sooth thim, I have his cold air humidifire running in every room, he is doing breathing treatments, just not helping........ and I dont know anyone who can come get me and my kids to go to hospital

SkylaReneeMom

Asked by SkylaReneeMom at 10:08 AM on Feb. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• Try sitting with him in a closed bathroom with a hot water shower running for 10-15 minutes.

Good luck. RSV is no fun.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:14 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Do you have phone service? Call the hospital for advice. Maybe they can send someone for you. Since you're online, maybe the hospital has a contact by email if you have no phone service. Don't delay too long.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 10:15 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• our hospital wont talk to anyone over the phone they just say come in and we will check out the baby
    SkylaReneeMom

Comment by SkylaReneeMom (original poster) at 10:17 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Well a temp of 100, isn't considered high at all. So if that is what it's staying at with fever reducer meds, then that is fine. Him coughing more could be a sign that the virus is working it's way out, which is good news. Just keep doing wht you are doing, if you don't notice an improvement by tomorrow, I would call
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:20 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• My daughter had RSV at a young age...3 months old. She was already hospitalized for Failure to Thrive at the time. But all the hospital did was push fluids..do saline drops, cool mist humidifier, and we used the bulb syringe ALOT. My daughter threw up alot..but we was also on a feeding tube. The RSV went away after about 7 days...but she still had that crazy cough. I would continue what you are doing and maybe look online for a hospital in your area that offers a nurses Hotline...where they call you back and kinda monitor how the child is doing. our hospital has that.
    mommateapot

Answer by mommateapot at 10:25 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• my little one has the same thing. Try sitting with him in a closed bathroom with a hot water shower running for 10-15 minutes. But he also likes a cold-wet pacifer to suck on.

Jgreg

Answer by Jgreg at 1:45 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• my dd had RSV when she was little, lots of breathing treatments. If you are worried then I would try to see someone RSV can get really nasty really quick. BTW she will likely have trouble for years to come. Sorry to bring bad news but my dd ended up having to have breathing treatments every time she got a cold or cough. We recently just finished another round and she is 5

Good Luck
    MChildressDem

Answer by MChildressDem at 10:18 PM on Feb. 9, 2011