Chewable vitamins (yes, for adults)

I can't do big pills, so my doctors have always told me to just do children's chewables. Hate the regular crunchy ones, but I've been trying some of he gummies. Big improvement over the crunchy, but so far the ones I've tried are flavored really strongly, especially first thing in the morning. Any recommendations for one that doesn't taste like you're chewing on orange peels?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 10:15 AM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• DH does the L'il Critters Gummy Vites. We get them at Costco.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:16 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• My daughters seemed to like the Disney Princess gummy flavors. I switched back to regular chewables when I realized that the gummies didn't have nearly the amount of vitamins in them as the regular vitamins, so I'd have to give them 2 gummies instead of 1 regular. Luckily, my kids don't mind the taste of the regular chewables.
    Sorry, went off on a tangent...have you tried the Disney Princess gummies?
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 10:19 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• My DH has the same problem. I get them for him at Target, I think they're called GummyVites (he's out of town and took the bottle). He said that they don't taste too bad as long as he chases them with coffee :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:20 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I know there are the adult chewables out now, but all gummy vitamins taste the same to me. Good luck (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:21 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Guess I should've added - so far I've tried the Flintstone Gummies and now today tried the Disney Nemo ones, which I'm guessing are different shapes but same flavors for each character.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 10:23 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• The gummy ones aren't very complete. What about one you dissolve in water? Emergen-C makes packets for kids that have a lot more vitamins and minerals in them than the gummy ones. They also have some great ones for adults that are very complete, but I can't remember the name. Costco carries them.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:25 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I've just learned to tolerate the taste. You chew quickly, it really isn't that bad. My doctor did recommend the Centrum chewables, but those taste worse.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 10:27 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• The gummy ones aren't very complete.

They're only supplemental for me - it's just all my individual ones are a lot smaller than the ginormous multis are.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 10:28 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Juice Plus!!! I am not a distributor (yet) so this isn't a commercial, but I swear by them and the company. I have stopped taking them (for about 5 years) but they are fantastic! I used them as my prenatal vitamin and while I was nursing. They are a whole foods based nutritional supplement and the independent research behind the company is really impressive.

Like I said not a commercial but they are fantastic!
    MChildressDem

Answer by MChildressDem at 10:13 PM on Feb. 10, 2011