We have girl baby gear if having a boy what should we do?

Pregnant again and half of our baby gear is in pink . If I were to have a boy should I just keep the pink stuff and use it or trade or sell it for neural color gear?

baby1love

Asked by baby1love at 10:24 AM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• There are a few places in our area that are for gently used baby items(Once Upon A Child) . You could sell what pink gear you don't need and buy some neutral with that money. If nothing else everyone loves a good garage sale. Even in the winter months as long as it's inside of course! Maybe try craigslist also. Good place to sell locally what you want and find things you need.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• or maybe donate them to a woman's shelter for domestic violence of you can not sell them ...many moms and kids come with the clothes on their back ....good luck

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• With my 1st baby, i was given a lot of my stuff. I had all blue when i was having a girl. I just made sure i always had a pink blanket with me when we were out in the stroller. As far as the other stuff it didn't matter because you use that in your house and nobodys gonna say nething.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 10:35 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• oh and now i'm expecting my 2nd but it really doesn't bother me nemore.
    kinzleysmommy

• i know it is november and i don't know where you live but i had a big yard sale and sold most of my baby girl stuff the other stuff i had left over i gave to a friend whose niece is going to have a baby she keeps wanting to pay me of it but ya know we are all having bad times right now so i just gave it to her. try selling it and buying what you need
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:37 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• List the pink stuff on Craigslist and sell it, then buy neutral stuff off of Craigslist.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 10:40 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Are there any consignment stores in your area? If you need money to buy the new stuff, you can consign your stuff to those stores and get paid for them. If money is no object, you could just donate the stuff to the Salvation Army or Goodwill.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:04 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I had a boy first and then a girl second, but I happened to have friends whose kids were girl first then boy second. We did a lot of swapping amongst ourselves. I also sold some of it at resale shops and used the money to buy some of the things I needed.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 11:09 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I find out tomorrow if mine is a boy or girl. we have tons of girl things....too much. if we are having a boy this time, we will be doing yard sales, and craigslist sales. But we need to $. If $ wasn't an issue, I would donate everything some women who need it.

I put my daughter is a lot of blue.... but I don't think I'd put a boy in pink.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 1:27 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• No, I'm sure your baby boy won't mind it when his friends see pictures of him as a baby and he is all decked out in pink.

Please be serious. Think about his future and how the things you do now will affect him in the future. Keep what pink keep sakes you want to save for your daughter and sell or give away the rest. Buy a baby boy boy things in boy colors.
    Kali_deathangel

Answer by Kali_deathangel at 2:27 PM on Nov. 17, 2008