Would you keep it?

If you child really loved a toy even if it was broken and you bought a new one of the same thing would you still keep it? my son has 3 buzz lightyears and normally i dont keep broken toys, but he really wants to keep it.

sharisse

Asked by sharisse at 10:53 AM on Feb. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• Nope. I'd snatch it under the radar and be done with it.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 10:56 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• if it isnt a hazard to him in any way, then i say keep it. he'll lose interest in it eventually the way most kids do... and what's more fun than having THREE of something you love? lol
    Mrs.L.Mita

Answer by Mrs.L.Mita at 10:57 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I would let him keep them if they arent a hazard to him. If he loses one he will always have another one :)
    LadyMomBug

Answer by LadyMomBug at 11:04 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Nope.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 11:12 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I would. My daughter has a bear that has been sewed over and over and till this day, 7 years later, she still loves her beary bear. my dad would tease her about throwing him away and one day she came to me and was almost in tears wanting to know if I was going to get rid of him when she was at school. Of course I would never. I told her she could keep him forever, what's wrong with a childhood friend/memory to keep, nothing in my eyes.
    ConnectHearts

Answer by ConnectHearts at 11:15 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• ohh and no they arent a hazard to him
    sharisse

Comment by sharisse (original poster) at 11:18 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I would let him keep it as long as it was safe... but I wouldn't buy a replacement either if the original was in good enough shape to be kept and played with. We have quite a few mildly broken Transformers around the house... the little moveable pieces can break with rough play. But he still uses them.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 12:28 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• If it's not a hazard, then I would let him keep it.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:34 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Nope. I would throw the broken ones away. Why keep them if they dont work.
    blueeyes765

Answer by blueeyes765 at 12:46 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Nope
    Jgreg

Answer by Jgreg at 1:42 PM on Feb. 9, 2011