Sharp pain inside breast comes and goes

I breastfeed once a day and the rest I pump. Anyone experiencing sharp lightning pain that comes and hurts inside your breast? It just recently started.

Amy2079

Asked by Amy2079 at 10:55 AM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Could be letdown or thrush. May also be incipient mastitis if you're not pumping enough.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:06 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• i get them every once in a while! but i EP so i think its just cuz i pump to much lol! 8-10 times a day! it just happens every once in a while so im not worried!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 12:23 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• i had the same thng happen to me every once in a while when i was still pumping. it would be totally random too, like i had no idea what was causing it at all.hang in there, it should get better. i don't know what else to tell ya
    lisaslab

Answer by lisaslab at 3:59 PM on Feb. 9, 2011