Does anyone own a Boxer or a Boxer Mix?

We've been searching for a new addition to our family and we just came across a two-month-old Boxer/Shar Pei Mix and I was wondering how good Boxers are with children? I have a two-year-old daughter and a female, thirteen-year-0ld Boster Terrier.

poptart0325

Asked by poptart0325 at 11:01 AM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Pets

• We have a full blooded boxer and she is very good with our 4 month old daughter. When she is laying down and even moves foxy(the dog) runs right over by her bed to check on her. My parents have 4 boxers and they are all very good with kids.
    MorganStout2008

Answer by MorganStout2008 at 2:34 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• check your homeowners ins
    some raise rates for certain dog breeds
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• we owned a boxer and they are great with kids. our boxer loved to play but she knew she had to be gentle around the kids. its all in how you train them and raise them. good luck we just got a three year old dobie and he is grreat. hope you find what you are looking for and what suits your family
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:13 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Boxers are known for having a lot of energy. I have an albino boxer who is a lovely dog and I love her to pieces BUT when she gets excited she jumps around in circles not caring who she knocks over. If you have kids 5 and up it may be a good dog to have but if you have toddlers it may be tough. Good luck!
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 11:05 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• they are very playful! It's like having an extra kid, so be prepared for the rambunctious play! if you have small children you might want to wait, because a boxer will knock a kid down trying to play. they are really good dogs. we used to have one, my grandmother has had boxers my whole life
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:22 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• We have a boxer she's great with my four year old :) she is really energetic and playful but she also loves to cuddle.
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 1:04 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Boxers are great dogs but only for people who have a lot of time to invest. Our boxer (who died 2y ago) was the best dog the world ever knew.

They have a lot of energy and they use thier hands more than other dogs which can result in accidental clawing if they are out of control. Plus, they are powerful dogs, they don't chew stuff, they destroy it, so you've got to be prepared to put in some time on training and manners.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:08 PM on Feb. 9, 2011