Ebay questions.. again

Okay so I am going to try ebay again. Can't let a few bad apples ruin the food experiences that I have had.

With that being said, I need tips on bidding.

Someone here once said to keep 2 tabs open or something like that.. i can't remember it right lol.

So help me out ladies.

4xsthetrouble

Asked by 4xsthetrouble at 11:12 AM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Shopping

• You mean as far as being a buyer? You don't need two tabs open. If it's an auction style with bidding in the last hour it counts down in real time now.

Bidding anytime other than when it ends is a waste, most likely you'll be outbid and then ultimately it raises the final price. Wait until the end, unless you can't be online at the end.

I don't bid until the literally last 30 seconds or so, but you have to bid slightly higher because others do the same. Also bidding an odd number can help you win if there is a bidding war at the end. If the bid is at $15.00.....try bidding a few dollars and CHANGE over, so bid something like $17.97, that way if someone else is bidding $17.50 or $17.95 you outbid them
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:20 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• yeah u can have 2 tabs open that way u can check the bidding with out losing ur place. also if u have been out bid wait 30 seconds before the bids to end and hit bid..people tend to use auto computers so if u bid almost asap ur out bidded..so when i see that happening i wait till the last few seconds to bid. so far 3 out of 4 times i have won what i wanted..haha computer! best of luck.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 11:19 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• You 2 are awesome thank you!!
    4xsthetrouble

Comment by 4xsthetrouble (original poster) at 11:21 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I usually bid at the last second as well. BUT, I also figure out the MOST I am willing to spend on the item including the shipping. Then, when I bid in the last few seconds, I know that I bid as much as I would have anyway. Even if I get outbid.
    mzfam99

Answer by mzfam99 at 11:35 AM on Feb. 9, 2011