Am i crazy for naming my miscarage baby

i lost a baby in aug i was 8 weeks pg when its heart stopped. from the day i got pg i had a feeling it was a boy and the name riley was something that just kept popping in my mind when i had my d&c a week after we found out he was gone i named him riley i refer to him as riley when asked questions about him. it helps me i just wanted to see if i am crazy or if more people do this to.

shannonmcgeehen

Asked by shannonmcgeehen at 11:20 AM on Feb. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• Nope, nothing wrong with it. You were a mommy to him so there is nothing wrong with naming him.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:22 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• no you aresn't I named mine Robin.
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 11:24 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• not crazy
    ElenaC419

Answer by ElenaC419 at 11:25 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• no your not crazy. you were pregant with a baby. and were already bonding with it. it may help with your grieving or you coping with what happened. i know that with babies that are still born often they will wrap them in a blanket and let the parents hold it and say their goodbyes. i wish you all the best and hope things are getting easier. i see no problem with what you are doing. i would have named it mayself as well.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 11:25 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• NO sweetie it's not crazy. I wish I had named mine. God I'm gonna start crying now.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 11:27 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I think we all did. I just didn't say it in public. lol
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 11:30 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Really Kimi? I feel terrible. I didn't name my baby anything. I just call him my angel. =( Okay here come the tears. Grrr! Why am I so emotional today? My period was last week!
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 11:32 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• No,it is not crazy!!! It is sweet.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:41 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I did not. I just want Imogine to know that she is not alone. I lost my baby when I was about 24 weeks a long but the baby had stopped developing around 16 weeks. It was my way of dealing with things.

Was it wrong. Absolutely not. You want to give your baby a name and you shouldn't think twice about it.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:48 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• not at all. i named mine. and a lot of women who regret having abortions end up naming their lost child
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:51 AM on Feb. 9, 2011