Drop it or not? adult content

to be honest i know this sounds childish but im so ready to drop my best friend. Apparently shes not a friend at all. She flipped out on me for tellin my soon to be hubby about her considering an abortion. But heres the kicker she wanted us to pay for it. i told her no because i dont think its right. So then she starts telling em im childish for living with my mom etc. Shes one of those ppl who hurt ppl when they hurt her. im so pissed off right now. so should i drop the friendship or keep it? Not to mention when i tried to talk her out of the abortion she gave me a guilt trip about everything so im seriouslly think fuck this

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• A best friend will not make her uterus your problem- they will look to you for support.

Of COURSE you are going to discuss something that financially effects your partner with him! You HAVE to if you are in your relationship as a partnership. A best friend would not only understand that but expect it.

Best friends don't guilt trip- unless it is out of jest and that's the kind of relationship you have with her.

She sounds like more of a suck than a friend.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 11:32 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• It doesn't sound as though she is a true friend. How long have you been friends? You should have told her that you would have to discuss the issue with your soon to be hubby because she was asking you to pay for it. If she had said no, then you could have refused to pay and dropped it. She should respect your opinion and if she knew that you were against abortion, she never should have you to pay for it. You were both in the wrong, for different reasons. If you are truly best friends this will pass with some good communication. If not, then drop the friendship and move on.
    ElenaC419

Answer by ElenaC419 at 11:33 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Please don't pay for an abortion!!!! Try to talk her into putting the baby up for adoption. I'll adopt the baby. I'm serious!!! I will adopt the baby.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:36 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Let her cool off, if she comes back to apologize then forgive and forget but if she doesnt then yes, the friendship isnt worth it.

And i dont get how she would think you would hand over the money to do the abortion w/o your hubby knowing? i make sure hubby knows everything when it comes to money.

She should support your decision even if you dont look eye to eye and move on to someone else that might help her. my friend told me off one time and i'm still friends with her.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:40 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Dancer- this question isn't about you, your needs or wants or views on abortion. You aren't helping or addressing the real issue of the question.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 12:41 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I think you have/had a right to discuss the abortion with your SO only because she requested you pay for it. Otherwise, that should be kept between you and her. If I were in this situation, I'd take some time and let both of you cool off and discuss it. Clearly she has some things going on and it sounds as if she feels you aren't being supportive. Abortion is such a personal and touchy subject, and if she is wanting to have one, and you are trying to talk her out of it, she may feel like you aren't there for her. It's your right not to agree with her choices, and most certainly not to pay for them, but maybe she needs emotional support right now and not judgement.

That being said, I know people that hurt others when they are hurt, and that's not right either. However, given the high emotional state she is in, maybe cut her some slack this time and see if you two can resolve this and remain friends.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 3:08 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• i would just ignore her for awhile and when she wants something again then i would just tell her ur not comfortable dealing with her problems but you will be there for her support/
    lil_momma1991

Answer by lil_momma1991 at 4:28 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• That's not a friend, at least not the type I'd want to have. As far as talking to your hubby about the abortion, well...why not. He's your best friend. I warned my girl friends when we first met that anything they tell me will be passed onto my husband.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 4:29 PM on Feb. 9, 2011