Sooo I got called for an interview today...but I've never applied at this place?!

Okay, sooo.

Today I get a phone call while I'm taking an exam and I miss it...I get a message saying that my name had been passed down to the guy and he would like to ask me a few questions and set up an interview.

So, I call him...having no idea what I'm even getting myself into and I rock the initial phone interview and he asks me if I'd like to interview for the position of a customer service representative and potentially be trained to run one of the locations....I'm like YES!

I look up the company and it's a huge financial services company around our state...but I have no idea how he even got my number! I have never applied, and I recently got a new number and only close friends and family have it so I'm confused! lol

What do you ladies think is up with that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Money & Work

• Sounds like a scam. There are a lot of them. If they ask for any financial information, dont' do it
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:36 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Sounds fishy to me. Is the interview actually AT the company's location? I wouldn't do it unless it was.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:37 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• SCAM!!!!!
    ElenaC419

Answer by ElenaC419 at 11:37 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Maybe even contact the local police department to see if this is a scam going around.....maybe you could help them catch a bad guy!
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:38 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• It could be some sort of scam. Did he ask for any personal information such as address or your social security number?
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:38 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I'd be very leary about this.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:39 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Could be a scam, or they got your resume from Monster.com or something like that. I never applied for my current job.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 11:40 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Sounds like a phone bank job to me
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:41 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Scam. Too good to be true usually is.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:41 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I agree check out where they are having you go for the interview. Did you ask where he got your name and info from?

Have you applied for any jobs like it? Sometimes people will pass around resumes that they didn't have a fit for if they think it was a good one for someone else.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 11:42 AM on Feb. 9, 2011