WYR have a Kindle/Nook or read hard copy books?

wishbearmom

Asked by wishbearmom at 12:11 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in

• I love my kindle and don't miss hard copy books at all....I thought I would, but I don't.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:12 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I have a kindle, but still buy hard copies from my most favorite Authors
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:12 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I love my Kindle- down load the book from my home and it's there in minutes- I like carrying multiple books in 1 small device-I travel a lot-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:13 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I'd rather read a real book, but I'm probably getting a Kindle soon so that I don't have to carry several books around with me all the time lol.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:16 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I would love to have a kindle and be able to carry and entire library around with me. Not that would not still want to own certain books in the physical form but lets face it. If you are a reader like I am then every time you move you have to pack up not one, not two but about 9 boxes of JUST books! I must say a kindle would be useful.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:17 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I guess I am old school, I love sitting on the couch curled up with an actual book. I sit in front of the computer all day at work, when I go home I dont' want to stare at a screen for another 30 min to an hour. I think the idea is cool, but just not for me.
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 12:20 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I think the idea of the Kindle is pretty cool, but I honestly think it would hurt my eyes. I mean, I can't even play a DS game for more than 20 minutes before my eyes start to hurt. Even sitting here typing, I'm squinting. So I'd have to say books.
    Plus...new books just smell SO good.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 12:28 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

LOL! That sounds like me. When I moved out of my parent's house when I was 18, I already had 4 or 5 boxes of books, and I've bought at least 75 more books since then. Those boxes are a pain, but I would rather buy a second house just for my books than give them up lol. I have serious attachment issues with books lol.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:28 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I want a real book I like the way they smell
    Emilypit

Answer by Emilypit at 12:34 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• When they first came out, I said I liked the feel of a "real" book in my hands. The more I looked at them, the more I liked them. So, SO got me a Kindle for Christmas and I LOVE IT!!!! The e-books are so much cheaper than the hard copies. Especially if you wait a bit after they first come out. And, there are TONS of free books you can download. I have 31 free murder mysteries and thrillers downloaded on mine which will keep me busy for a while. Not a penny spent. You can also download free games, like Minesweeper, Blackjack, and Every Word which is my granddaughter's fave cuz we can play it together. It helps her learn vocabulary.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 12:36 PM on Feb. 9, 2011