Do you buy in bulk?

And if so, where do you shop, and what kinds of things do you get in large quantities?

wishbearmom

Asked by wishbearmom at 12:21 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Shopping

• We shop at BJs and buy tons of stuff in bulk. I have a separate freezer in the garage so we can stock up on meat and I buy it in bulk and then separate into smaller amounts. Toilet paper, paper towels, paper plates, spaghetti sauce, spaghetti, canned soup, prepackaged snacks for the kids, juice boxes, etc. I could go on. I have 5 kids and it just makes sense for us.

Answer by missanc at 12:24 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Yes, at Sam's Club. For food items usually big bags of frozen veggies, condiments like ketchup, mustard, syrup, etc. Meats sometimes if they have a good deal. Juice and milk boxes for the kids, bottles of water. Baking goods like flour, butter, and sugar. Cleaning supplies. Aluminum foil and plastic wrap. That's all I can think of off the top of my head that we regularly buy in bulk.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:25 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• We shop at Sams, yes we do, not for the savings cuz its not always cheaper, its just nice to not have to get this stuff all the time. Usually TP, papertowel, ziploc bags, grocery bags, dishwasher soap, body soap, otc medicine.
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 12:26 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• We buy at Sam's, we usually get meats, soap, cleaning products, coffee, sugar and many more.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 12:26 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I shop at Costco. I buy my son's soy milk. I buy peroxide, Eco laundry detergent, Eco fabric softener, brown rice, quinoa, milled flax, organic butter...various other things as needed.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 12:27 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I go to Sam's. I also have a deep freeze. So I buy my ground beef and chicken and freeze it. Then toilet paper, paper towels, school snacks and drinks. It's really worth it if you have room to store it all.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 12:28 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Yes at Sam's Club. We buy cereal bars, ketchup, some frozen things, and canned fruit.
    blueeyes765

Answer by blueeyes765 at 12:28 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• yep, we shop at Sam's club. we have 4 kids and it seems to not be a lot of waste. we buy ketchup in cans, soft pretzels, waffles, fish, sometimes hamburger,fruits, lettuce, hot pockets,toilet paper and so on...
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 12:30 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I buy toilet paper,paper towels,dog food,meat ect in bulk,but i have a brother who has some land and we buy a steer for about 2oo dollars and feed is another 150 but in about 1 year i have a freezer full of beef and one full of pork.So i am ready .It is so much cheaper and better,no hormones or anything like that.Thank God for my brother!!It has saved us so much!
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 12:30 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Costco! I buy toilet paper, dishwashing liquid, paper towels, ranch, ketchup, pop, stuff like that.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 12:31 PM on Feb. 9, 2011