How to I get my 3 year old to use the potty??

She is going to be three in march,She is now oing through almost to packs of daipers a week,and every chance she gets she takes her daiper off and pees on my floor which is starting to really bug me,But if she takes her daiper off and goes were she is standing then I think she can use the potty I have tried EVERYTHING she just wont work with me she is sooooooo hard headed please I need some help I have no idea what to do she is my first child I have no clue about this ty : )

Baileysmommie12

Asked by Baileysmommie12 at 12:36 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have you tried potty training her at all yet?
    I don't really have any constructive advice. My son will also be three in march and he's reverted back to not using the potty. We introduced him to it at 18 months and he was doing really well right after he turned 2, but now he doesn't want to at all. It doesn't help that he's at three different houses every week - his dad and I are split up - and no one is on the same page when it comes to the potty.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 12:39 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Buy the potty that sings by Fisher Price. It works! They love to hear it sing!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:40 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• with my daughter i put her potty seat in the living room and just left the diaper off it will take awhile but she will get the hang of it :) just ramind her like every 20 min if she has to go to go in the potty
    Mrs.Prine

Answer by Mrs.Prine at 12:40 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• If your dd is the only child in your home then I would advise to start making phone calls. Call any friend or relatives with children, invite them all to your home and let your child observe the others going to the bathroom. I have found out that my toddler imitated everything that his brother does. So potty training was and easy task. We bought a potty put it next to the toilet. Every time my oldest had to use the bathroom my youngest would follow him and sit on his potty just as his brother.
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 12:51 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I agree about the friends with children, my daughter is almost three doing the same thing, but refuses the potty completely, going so far as to hold her poo in until she is constipated...her dr said kids are more in the 3 to 4 year range on potty training and that forcing will only cause more problems so we keep the potty in the living room, and one in each bathroom, if she shows interest we encourage her, but never force her. we do ask her all the time if she has to pee...
    december911

Answer by december911 at 1:07 PM on Feb. 9, 2011