What do you use to check your child(ren) temperature?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I LOVE the new temperal thermometer! It's easy and convenient -- can even check so easily while child is sleeping! Goota love new technology!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 12:47 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• lips on forehead
    I'm able to tell almost exactly what his temp is this way

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:47 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• i have an ear thermometer.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:49 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I have a Braun ear thermometer. I think that's the brand name, I'd have to check.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:49 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I checed rectally always from the time she was 7wks old and had a fever and had to get a spinal tap because of her age.... from then on I wanted to be sure and got over my concerns with putting something in her butt lol... until recently I was using the ear thermometer and if it beeped and read that she had a fever then I would still double check with the rectal thermometer... she is almost 23 months old now and we just got the temporal thermometer and I love it!!!
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 12:55 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I use a regular thermometer under their arms. I could never get the ear one to read the temperature properly, something to do with the angle? And if it's worrisome and I need accuracy, I'll re-check rectally.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:09 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I can tell just by feeling his/her forehead whether or not they have a fever, but I check using an ear click thermometer when I have to call the dr, because they always ask what it is!

Answer by missanc at 1:18 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• embarrassed

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 3:10 PM on Feb. 9, 2011