would you pay someone to do your errands and laundry if you didnt have the time?

im thinking about starting this up because i wanna keep being a SAHM so im thinking of ideas i could do....this is one of them if you would how much would you pay?

brandnew744

Asked by brandnew744 at 11:04 AM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Money & Work

• It depends if its on call or a weekly job. What did you have in mind?
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 11:06 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• If its daily Id do an hourly rate and if its weekly then do a weekly rate. Depends on hours and how many days of the week. It also depends on the errands. Do they consider a lot of driving or constant running?
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 11:08 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• There is a woman in town here that has signs up all over for her "fluff and Fold service" You drop it off she washes and then folds it..you pick it up at the agreed on time. She also does ironing. I don't know how much she charges but I know she is raising her son alone doing it.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:08 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• daily or weekly whenever the customer needs me and the errand running would just be around town localy
    brandnew744

Answer by brandnew744 at 11:09 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I think Id charge about $10 an hour for basics and def work gas money into it unless they let you drive their car. LOL sorry for all the ?'s but thats the kind of stuff you need to consider
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 11:09 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I think Id start at $10 an hour for a basic rate and go from there depending on the amount of driving. Because you have to realize that even around town you'd be using a lot of gas. Maybe an extra couple of dollars towards gas
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 11:11 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• true i want it to be afordiable to where i do get business but also i want it worth my time and energy ya know i just really like this idea. not alot of moms are as lucky as i am to SAH but i need to do something quick cuz my hubby is starting to work alot of overtime just to be able to support us
    brandnew744

Answer by brandnew744 at 11:15 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• no i wouldn't i would be too afraid something might not get done or not done the way i do it. if you want something done right do it yourself
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:16 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Humm, I couldn't let someone wash my panties!! Yes, I have issues!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I answered your question in some other category. I think it's a great idea, so check out my answer. When you decide to get started, pm me. I have a wonderful resource for free business cards and marketing material I'd be happy to share with you. Getting exposure is the hardest part. Hell, if I could afford it, I'd pay you to do my Christmas shopping!!
    chickadee8654

Answer by chickadee8654 at 11:27 AM on Nov. 17, 2008