Should I have said something mean back??

My aunt lives here in my house with her husband and grand-daughter, she borrowed my car yesterday to go get her hair dyed(using the money from her income tax). Anyways she got back late, and I was late to work. So when she got here I didnt say anything about her hair(cuz seriously its not all that) and I was mad cause I was late so I just left.

We were at the table and she was like "she didnt say anything about my hair cause shes a hater" and I was like "no I like being a brunette" and she was like "you used to have your hair dyed before you had children and got married" and I was like "yea cuz my husband used to pay for it" and she was like "well now he doesnt have the money for that and your jealous cause I do"and I told her I do have the money but I dont even like my hair light and she was like whatever.

I really wanted to say my husband doesnt have the money to pay for that cause hes paying for my house which she lives in and for my car, but I didnt cause I didnt want to start fighting with her.

I was just so bothered she said that when she doesnt have anything to show for herself.

would u have said the truth about your husband paying all the bills?? also even tho they pay $400 a month its not anywhere close to what all the bills cost here

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• No. I think the whole conversation was petty and childish.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 1:10 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Wow. She sounds like an ungrateful, immature twit.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:12 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I believe I would have stuck to the high road and let her act childish to make herself feel better.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 1:15 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• You should have taken the high road and not engaged in the petty behavior. I don't think it is fair that she pay ALL your bills. It is fair that she pays rent, help with the groceries and car expenses, but she shouldn't be expected to cover all YOUR expenses. You live there too!
    MChildressDem

Answer by MChildressDem at 1:16 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• So when can you kick her out? She obviously is ungrateful....I would send her packing!
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 1:21 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• op- i even felt bad for having that conversation cause cuz i knew how childish it was. i sunk to her level.

i would kick her out, but i know she has no where to go. and she does help us with our kids. my husband says he sees it as her way of not paying more. and i want to be a good person and help, but ugh i wanted to say so many mean things back that are true
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:26 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I would have explained to her that you were upset that she made you late for work....
    karensue65

Answer by karensue65 at 2:21 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• i would have just agreed with ur aunt and smiled at her and it would make her feel foolishly dumb
    lil_momma1991

Answer by lil_momma1991 at 4:26 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I'd tell her she needs to be grateful you're allowing her to live there and use your car!!! Tell her that the job she made you late for, is paying the bills so that she can stay there.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 4:27 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• i agree with them ^^^^ the one above me
    MommyKayla777

Answer by MommyKayla777 at 7:31 PM on Feb. 9, 2011