Napolitano: terror threat at its most heightened state since the September 11 attacks

Now, I'm confused. I thought all this terror threat stuff was a scare tactic the Bush admin used to keep people in line and create a climate of fear? Napolitano is saying not only are things bad, they're worse than they ever were under Bush. So which is it- Bush was exaggerating all those years, but when Janet says it, she really really really really means it? Or were people just more willing to brush it off when a pub said it?

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/02/09/terror.threat/index.html?hpt=T2

Do you think we have more to worry about now than we did in 2001-2002?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 1:13 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• it WAS used as a scare tactics, espcially RIGHT BEFORE ELECTIONS...

And "homegrown radicalization is a growing threat, and one we cannot ignore," said Rep. Peter King, R-New York.

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:17 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Well, grats on managing not to answer any of my questions...aside from the rhetorical one, of course.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 1:18 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• That's called self-preservation. She has to secure funding for herself and her department.

I don't think the threat of terrorism is any different than it was 10 years ago.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 1:23 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I did answer our questions...they were broad....and made prejudicial,,,,,

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:28 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Imo, this admin has done everything they can to make our country terrorist user-friendly so, yes, I think things are much worse. On 9/11 we were oblivious; since 2009, after all the bowing and the apologies for our arrogance to other countries, no one respects us, we are viewed as weak idiots.
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 1:42 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

LOL, yes it was all good and Bush just made it up but now it is real. OK.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 1:43 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I want to know why she has reverted back to using the term " terrorist ".
    And maybe someone should tell Bittersweet about this post, she wants the troops to come home.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 2:10 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• In answer to your question, yes I do think we have more to worry about simply because of technology alone. As we get more high tech, they get more high tech. They only have to be right Once.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 2:16 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• This year, it's been ten years. Ten years.

Wow. It went by in a blink. I would expect a flurry of activity...some kind of diseased memorial to the tragedy that happened on 9/11 in the works. I don't think it's any less credible come from Napolitano, this kind of thing SHOULD transcend parties...
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:14 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

***

And WHO just officially kicked off their 2-year re-election tour?! I know, he hasn't ever stopped, but now he's officially running for re-election! So I guess he's taking yet ANOTHER page out of GW Bush's playbook, huh?! LOL :oP
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:50 AM on Feb. 10, 2011