How do you like to do your dishes?

Dishwasher, or by hand? If you use the dishwasher, do you soak them or rinse them first? If by hand, how often?

I do them by hand. We have a dishwasher, but we decided when we moved here in July not to use it - mainly to save energy. Also it's just me and my roommate living here (my son comes for visits) and we don't even own enough dishes to ever have a full load for the dishwasher. We'd run out of dishes long before we filled up the dishwasher...so it's just easier to wash them. I do it every day - I might take one day off if we didn't really use any the day before.

AdensMama0308

Asked by AdensMama0308 at 1:14 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Home & Garden

• We don't have a dishwasher anymore so I do ours by hand. I prefer a dishwasher for bottles and sippy cups.
    momof2cuteboys

Answer by momof2cuteboys at 1:16 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• call me princess if you must but i just don't do the scrubbing gross food off of dishes. i need my dishwasher. i don't even like touching the dishes to put them in the dishwasher but i swallow my pride fro that. when i was a kid my moms broke so i had to do them by hand every single day and it was gross. now that i live on my own i'm never dealing with that again
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 1:19 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• i wash all of ours by hand, i wish i had a dishwasher though
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:25 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Can I choose answer C... (get someone else to do it) LOL I hate doing dishes, always have. BUT, I use the dishwasher. After every meal - no soaking, just rinse/wipe them off and load em up.

And I'm with Momofone725 -- we had a family of 8 growing up (and my mom never believed in eating buffet style off the stove, everything got put into serving bowls - so , EVERY meal was like cleaning up after a dinner party.... and I was the dishwasher in the house -- *I* had to wash everything by hand -- SO I absolutely detest having to do it - and whatever makes it easy on me, I'll do.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 1:33 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• My dishwasher is broke. I do them by hand air dry and put away then keep doing that till they r done.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:16 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• We're a family of five, I run the dishwasher almost every day. I hand wash pots & pans and fine crystal, that's about it.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:16 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I use my dishwasher right now due to an infection that I can't get rid of on my hands. But I prefer to wash certain things my hand. I always rinse dishes before they go in the dishwasher though
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 1:17 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• dishwasher, i rinse 1st
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 1:18 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I use the dishwasher...but I love to hand wash the dishes! I know they get cleaned and rinsed good! :)
    jandcwyatt2003

Answer by jandcwyatt2003 at 1:22 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Dishwasher except for pots and pans and I wash those by hands well just my new ones i got for Christmas.
    d_cohoon

Answer by d_cohoon at 1:24 PM on Feb. 9, 2011