Jihad Jane Pleads Guilty. Are you concerned about more people like her?

PHILADELPHIA, PENNSYLVANIA (6ABC News) — A U.S. citizen nicknamed ‘Jihad Jane’ on Tuesday pleaded guilty to charges in relation to her involvement with a terrorist organization.

Colleen LaRose, 47, pleaded guilty to all counts of conspiracy to provide material support to terrorists, conspiracy to kill in a foreign country, making false statements and attempted identity theft.

‘Jihad Jane’ is a former resident of Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. She was indicted in March 2010. One month later, LaRose and co-defendant Jamie Paulin Ramirez were charged in a superseding indictment.

LaRose faces a maximum potential sentence of life in prison and a million fine when sentenced. Ramirez is awaiting trial which is scheduled to begin May 2, 2011.

LaRose and her co-conspirators recruited men on the Internet to wage violent jihad in South Asia and Europe. In addition, ‘Jihad Jane’ recruited women on the Internet who had passports and the ability to travel to and around Europe in support of violent jihad.

The terrorist plot of LaRose and her co-conspirators included martyring themselves, soliciting funds for terrorists, soliciting passports and avoiding travel restrictions sometimes through marriage.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Not in the least.

Even living 1/2 away from the largest concentration of Arabs outside the middle east, the thought that someone might try to kill me never enters my mind.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 1:20 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• not really, your more likely to die in a car crash...I still drive

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:25 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

•  

Not concerned at all

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 1:27 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• nope, evem if "islamic" terrorists invaded the US, all i have to do is say "the magic words". A chrisrian haunted house prepared me for the day it does happen over 20 years ago..

While the forgein accent soldiers were handling the other kids, they were screaming drama etc... I was looking them in the eye fearless. it was scary to think, i would be seperatedt from family, lost etc...

But Im all set, God is with me, phretting wont change anything either.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 8:59 PM on Feb. 10, 2011