Why are my periods getting closer together and heavier?

I'm 30, had my oldest son in March 2007, had my twins 11 months later in Feburary of 2008. They came via emergency C-section. Ever since I had them, my periods became very painful, with the cramps lingering around my scar area and very heavy. Now instead of being the clockwork 28 day cycle, it's more like 3 weeks and getting shorter each time. They've always been super regular, what's going on?

mommyonhawaii

Asked by mommyonhawaii at 11:09 AM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Health

• your baby changes. check with the doc about birth controls to help. My flow didn't change, but I was like super bitch on my last birth control. I switched to a new one and it was like night and day. Doc said babies can change you :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I would get on BC.......the pill helped lighten my bleeding and regulate my cycle after my c-section
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 1:04 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Your hormones are probably still way out of whack and trying to find a balance. Like the previous poster said, I'd talk to a doc about some birth control to regulate, or just invest in lots of pads/tampons. Good luck!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:53 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Hormones always get out of balance after having children. Sometime it takes a while and there are many different side effects, including the ones that you are experiencing. But, there is help for you and it ISN'T birth control. Your body is deficient in progesterone. BC is synthetic estrogen and your body doesn't digest synthetic anything! Natural Progesterone balancing cream that is bio-identical (that is key!) will help you and not add any other chemicals to your body that it can't process. I would be happy to provide information on this amazing product that has helped millions of women. Dr. John Lee was a pioneer in women's hormone balancing and he wrote many books. I can provide testimonials, resources, etc. if you would like to find out more. Best of luck to you.
    Health4U

Answer by Health4U at 12:03 AM on Nov. 18, 2008