My son's dr said the blemish on his cheek is eczema and now we have switched formula and it seems to be getting worse help!!!

we have tried all the prescribed creams and lotions we have even bought the aveno eczema cream to help and nothing has worked...is there anything out there that can help my poor little mas cheek?

is going to the dermatologist a good idea to maybe help?

he is on Elecare, and is 8 months old

eriks_mommy10

Asked by eriks_mommy10 at 1:32 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• do u have a pic?
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:34 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• What kind of formula is he on?
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 1:35 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• How old is he?
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 1:56 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• dont have a picture but its red and flaky. he is on Elecare. and he is now 8 months old
    eriks_mommy10

Comment by eriks_mommy10 (original poster) at 1:58 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• maybe u can try homeopathic medicine. It helps your body build up immunity to it and fight it off.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 3:14 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• My doctor suggested hydrocortizone for my daughter. I use Vaseline Intensive Care lotion on her 2-3 times a day especially after a bath. She has it all over her body because its dry in our apartment from the heat. We also keep a humidifier going 24/7. She still has it but its better with the lotion.
    I have eczema and nothing really helps me. Mine is so bad, I currently have a skin infection from it.
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 4:06 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• well formula has been proven to increase the chances of eczema. (my dd was ff and has it) also what formula is he on? she is 4 yr now and still has it.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 7:23 PM on Feb. 9, 2011