Terror Plot on US Food?

WASHINGTON: US authorities have unearthed a terrorist plot to "poison" food in a number of restaurants and hotels over a single weekend, according to a media report. 

The latest terror threat to America involves possible use of poisons — simultaneous attacks targeting hotels and restaurants at many locations over a single weekend, CBS reported. 

A key Intelligence source has confirmed the threat as "credible," it said 

The US Department of Homeland Security officials, along with members of the Department of Agriculture and the Food and Drug Administration, have briefed a small group of corporate security officers from the hotel and restaurant industries about it, the news channel said, 

The plot was uncovered earlier this year, the report said, adding it is said to involve the use of two poisons - ricin and cyanide - slipped into salad bars and buffets. 

"The plotters are believed to be tied to the same terror group that attempted to blow up cargo planes over the east coast in October, al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula," the news channel said. 

In online propaganda, al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula has praised the cargo attack, part of what it called "Operation Hemorrhage", it said. 

The propaganda spoke of "... attacking the enemy with smaller but more frequent operations" to "add a heavy economic burden to an already faltering economy."

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• This has happened before in the US in 1984.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984_Rajneeshee_bioterror_attack

Pretty scary...

UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 1:42 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• The article is dated from Dec. I guess they didnt plan well enough to get us all at those Christmas parties.

Answer by gemgem at 2:01 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• We are definitely already faltering!  Imo, with so much concentrated effort from this admin. on enforcing "political correctness," instead of watching out for American citizens; we are sitting ducks for anything, anybody, foreign or domestic, decides to try…

I found these articles to be interesting, also…  (I know, some won't like the sources)

http://foodfreedom.wordpress.com/2010/12/21/fda-false-flag-food-terror/

http://theintelhub.com/2010/12/21/foiled-‘terror’-plot-on-eve-of-passage-of-food-patriot-act/

agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 2:19 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Even though we don't eat out or travel much, it's a scary thought. Most of all it angers me. I detest people that treat others badly, I detest people who would harm a child especially. Any plot like this is going to end up hurting/killing children along with adults. To be honest, I don't think that terrorists think they are serving any god at this point. I think they are just defective humans who use a god as a cloak to hide their own defective 'need' to harm others.

I know I'm sick of people wanting to give them a trial when they are caught. It's a waste of time and feeds their sickness. Just hang them from the nearest tree as a warning to others and be done with it. When they get stinky enough, toss what is left in a landfill somewhere ~ because none of them deserve a nice resting place alongside decent human beings!
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 2:43 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Actually Valentine's day is on a Monday this year, making this weekend one of the biggest weekends to eat out of the year.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:05 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I suppose it is possible, among many other scenarios.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:40 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Wellit is a pagan holiday, i could understand where that was coming from, maybe people should stay home enjoy some family time, make thier own food, safe some money.

Itsso funny how these "terrorists" attack things that are probably killing our pockets and economy. Kinda seems like they are trying to "teach us a lesson"

disturbing, but i guess thats how you get through sickly addicted grou pof peole, I dont know. very disturbing. mind control.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 8:42 PM on Feb. 10, 2011