What are your thoughts on that?

So I was on the internet and I came across that the end of Obamas term as president is also the end of the Mayan calendar

Shannon85

Asked by Shannon85 at 11:10 AM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• well hell i told you he is the anit christ...lol....jk.although since he is for abortions and evil he might very well be. i figure we will have to wait and see and apparently that day is 12/21/12. which isn't to far. so i guess i better get my food storage and bomb shelter up and bury my whole family in a hole.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:36 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• We all gunna DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! ::snicker::
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Well, that clinches it. He is the damn Anti-Christ! WHAT HAVE I DONE?????????????

Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 11:14 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Omg, we are dooooomed!!!!!!!!!!!!! Quck grab your bibles and start thumping them!!!!!!!!!
    SLCMOMMY

Answer by SLCMOMMY at 11:14 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• RELIGOUS SECTION PLEASE SSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOO SICK OF IT
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Oh, hold on SLC, I just reviewed the bible (they one I have in my back pocket that I keep for such emergencies) and there isn't any mention of the Mayan calendar in there???? What do I do now?????
    Anonymous

• OMG, I have no idea....someone call someone!!! Hurry, get the great sandaled one's personal assistant on the line!!! WE NEED SOME ANSWERS DOWN HERE DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SLCMOMMY

Answer by SLCMOMMY at 11:20 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• yea um...an ancient culture isnt a religion and the mayan calander has nothing to do with the bible but thanks all so far for the answers so far
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 11:35 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Oh holy crap. Seriously, this again?

Yeah, the Mayan calender "ending" is just an ending to their damn cycle. Their calender runs differently than ours, it runs like a speedometer. Once it reaches a certain number it goes back to ZERO.

Did you know that our gregorian calender "ends" EVERY SINGLE YEAR on December 31st? OH MY GOD NOOOOO THE HORROR! Yeah. It does. It ENDS. And then guess what? It begins a NEW CYCLE on January 1st of the next year.

If you guys are so concerned with this, why are you still living your lives as if nothing was going to happen? Shouldn't you be stocking up and building a hole instead of chatting on CafeMom?

=]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:59 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• That is kinda funny.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 12:01 PM on Nov. 17, 2008