Ugh! I'm so sick of hearing them fight!!!

My dogs have been fighting non stop for 3 days, I am so sick of hearing the growling and barking! How can I get them to shut up? lol I can't seperate them, I only have one area that is fenced in. thanks :)

josiesmommy00

Asked by josiesmommy00 at 1:44 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Pets

• I hope they are not hurting each other. Maybe they are just playing? (I hope) Check with your local dog shelter about when they offer training or behavior classes that help w/ socializing dogs. If it gets physical, put one in the garage or allow them to come in. There has to be a way to separate them if it becomes a safety issue. GL
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:50 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• they're not hurting each other i think the male is just so old and grouchy he don't want the female to bother him lol but they're just loud and annoying i'm not worried about them hurting each other
    josiesmommy00

Comment by josiesmommy00 (original poster) at 2:07 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Get a baby gate and separate them in like living room/kitchen area. I used to have a friend of mine that would bring her dog over when she'd come visit, and her dog hated my dog, would always try to attack her so I gated off my kitchen and living room and kept them separate.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 2:13 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• they stay outside but thanks
    josiesmommy00

Comment by josiesmommy00 (original poster) at 2:21 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Bring them inside (where they should be in the first place as dogs are pack animals and you are a part of their pack) so you can moniter them and make sure no one gets hurt! What will you do if one of them does get hurt? Will you take it to the vet or just let it suffer? Will you then bring them in and make sure they don't continue to get hurt? Will you "get rid" of one/both of them? You act like it's funny, but I don't find it funny at ALL. If your older dog is lashing out at the other, maybe he is sick or in pain or just plain ol' doesn't want her messing with him. Mine (I have a male and female, too) do get rowdy at times, but they stay inside where I can easily break them up so they don't get hurt.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 2:31 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Why do they have to stay outside?

If they don't get much interaction I'd guess they are probably bored.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:41 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• they're outside because they pee in the house all the time and i don't have time to train them, it's my choice to put them out there and they're just fine....fuck this question
    josiesmommy00

Comment by josiesmommy00 (original poster) at 2:43 PM on Feb. 9, 2011