Anyone else still use a video baby monitor?

Is it weird that I still use it in my son's room and he's 3? I like knowing that when he's in his room after lights out and when I'm in bed reading or watching a movie that he's okay in bed. Idk I just like the comfort of seeing him sleep.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• I never even had a regular baby monitor :) I was never that far away from them but hey if it helps you feel more secure than use it until he is a teen.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 1:53 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I still use ours for my almost 2 y/o daughter
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:54 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Now after reading your post I want to buy one too. :(
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 1:55 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• i never used one only cuz i never got around to it, but if i had gottenone i'd definitely still be using it i think theyr'e a great idea
    Mrs.L.Mita

Answer by Mrs.L.Mita at 1:55 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• have one never use it

Jgreg

Answer by Jgreg at 1:55 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Its not weird at all! Personally i cannot use one because i know myself and if i gave myself that much then id be up all night staring into the screen for any possible issues. Thats just me though. If it makes you feel better then more power to you!
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 1:57 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I finally gave up the regular "sound" monitor when we moved last week, my DS turned 3 12/27. :) I couldn't sleep without hearing him breathe.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:57 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I have 5 kids and never had a video monitor and haven't used a regular one since our 3rd was a baby (it broke when she was 7 months and we never replaced it). Never had one with my last 2 kids (who are now almost 5 and almost 7 months).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:00 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I still do!! I love how it comes on when it detects movement. I am still so worried about her falling off the bed, or tripping over something in the middle of the night going to the bathroom.
    summerbear

Answer by summerbear at 8:07 PM on Feb. 9, 2011