I am the only mom whose child has seziures wherever his temp spikes? And when will it end?

LisaK227

Asked by LisaK227 at 2:03 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• They are called Febrile Seizures they aren't harmful
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 2:06 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• My sons have never had a seizure, but I'm sure it's very scary. Sorry to hear your little one has to go through this. My DS,11, spiked a 103.8 fever the other night and was hallucinating. It took about 45 minutes to cool him down and to convince him that his computer had not caught on fire and burned the family. I know this frightened me, so I can only immagine how you feel. I hope your little one grows out of this soon.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 2:12 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• My daughter has the same thing. She went limp and stopped breathingwhen she was 9mo. The Dr.s said she will out grow it. But since then I have been so worried about her getting more. We traded in our van and got ine with dual vents so the AC goes to the back. We keep the AC ob 70. Whenever she starts to feel warm to me I take off her clothes give her some Motrin and put her in a lukewarm bath. It is alot to go through with being preggy and having a 9yo as well, but so far she has not had another one. She has had 3 total.
    summerbear

Answer by summerbear at 2:15 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Awww I'm so sorry for you. I find that suppositories for fevers work really fast. I've only been able to find them at wal-mart. I give my kids cool baths to bring their temps down when they were younger. i've also used the gel pad thing u stick on ur kids forehead or tummy after uve had it cool in the fridge. I've also used a round frozen teething ring wrapped in a cloth so its kinda on their forhead and part of it on their head. And motrin.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 2:42 PM on Feb. 9, 2011