What are some games we could play at my 1yo birthday party?

She is a girl.

summerbear

Asked by summerbear at 2:09 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• if it is at a park I wouldn't worry too much bring balls, jump ropes, sidewalk chalk, bubbles etc
    MChildressDem

Answer by MChildressDem at 10:07 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Are you are asking about the parents and not the kids? If so any of the games popular at showers if not and you are asking for the kids, I would go for the games like the ones that are played at Gymboree. There is a book Playing With Babies and Toddlers you should be able to find at most large book stores or at a Gymboree Center. One of my favorites when my daughter was that age was muscial ball (instead of chairs). You sit in a circle, child in front of parent and take a large ball and start pusing it around the circle while the music plays. Who ever is holding the ball when the music stops is out. Teaches sharing, many kids want to grab the ball and not pass it, they learn that it is better to share and pass it so they can keep playing the game instead of holding it (being selfish) and have to stop playing.
    Soap911

Answer by Soap911 at 2:24 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Don't waste your time with games. The kids won't know. And I'm sure the adults would just want to sit and talk. For both my kids 1st birthday parties were a chance for family and close friends to come together. 1 year olds are oblivious. Depending on what time of day you're having the party they are going to be thrown off schedule by not having their nap or just waking up and seeing lots of people over. Take lots of pictures and enjoy yourself.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 2:43 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• How old are the other kids? At one, I don't think she could play many games. You could blow bubbles and have them pop them with kid music. You can have them keep balloons up in the air.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:22 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• It is going to be early afternoon, after her nap, at a local playpark. She is going to have several cousins come, and of course her sister. Guests are between the ages of 2-13.
    summerbear

Comment by summerbear (original poster) at 7:38 PM on Feb. 9, 2011