Should I worry?

My son is 3 months old and for the last couple days he has been waking up with rattly breathing. He is eating fine, sleeping fine, not really coughing, lots of boogers (been trying my best to keep his nose clean) and by the end of the day you can't hear the rattling at all. Oh he is also sleeping with a humidiphier and we have been bringing him in the steamy bathroom everyday too... He doesn't seem bothered but because of his age...Should I be worried?

ErinT

Asked by ErinT at 2:10 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it's prob his nose draining like the first poster said... I would not advise you to give him meds though.. WAY to young.. you are doing everything right.. My daughter went through that when she was around 3 months and it got bad to where she could only sleep in her swing because she had to be sat up. Doc said that was the best place for her! then when she got better (3 days later) I put a blanket under her matress to raise on side up a little for her..

good luck!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 5:13 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• you its interesting you say that because my son has always had rattely breathing but the doctors say he is fine...you say his nose is clogged? The best explanation i can say is mucus is falling into his lungs causing rattly breathing, this happens to everyone when laying down, some worse than others. And because he "up" during the day his nose drains and it goes away. When his nose clears up his rattling should stop if not though id talk to the doctor about it. I was always a big fan of saline solution with my son. Its warm water and salt, they have the kids saline at walmart or you can make your own, put a drop in each nose and it will clear up, he wil lcough and stuff but no worries that everything breaking up in there and coughing is good, itll clear his lungs up. Good luck!
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 2:18 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• its ok all babies get sick. my son is having the same issues i just give him a little bit of medicine and he goes to sleep comfortably. My son is also 3 months old
    lil_momma1991

Answer by lil_momma1991 at 4:01 PM on Feb. 9, 2011