KINDERGARTEN IS HERE....

I just reg. my dd yesterday for next September & it has changed to F/T classes now. I have mixed feelings. I am so happy for her as she is so ready, I feel so sad as she will be away from me for such a long time, and will worry about her. I hope there won't be too many meltdowns.....I know I will be a mess the 1st week. Man, how time flies my baby in Kindergarten. I am going to miss her tremendously.

Is your child starting this year?

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 2:27 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My youngest is halfway through kindergarten now. He's in half day, and next year he will be going all day for the first time as he starts first grade. I am really dreading that, and I will miss him. I love having afternoons with just him. It's going to be a hard adjustment.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:31 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Yeah, We have registration in March. I can't wait!!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:30 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• My youngest is in 2nd grade, but I feel for you. Once they're in school they really seem to grow up fast!!
    wishbearmom

Answer by wishbearmom at 2:31 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• My son will be 3 next month.. i am not sure when to register him??

But good luck and i your daughter will love it
    Mrs.Ro

Answer by Mrs.Ro at 2:36 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• We start Kindergarten this year too.

I've always worked full-time so our time together won't change but I'm not really looking forward to it. New teachers..new children...I hope the next 12 years are as great as teh first 5 have been, i really love DS child care provider.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:37 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I am registering my second child tonight! She is sooo ready to go and excited so I am excited for her.....
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 2:41 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• My youngest started this school year. Even though he was in daycare 8-4, 4 days a week, full time kinder has kicked his little butt. He is so tired that on Saturdays he will often put himself down for a nap.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:49 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• DS is in full day k this year, and loves it! He isnt realy more tired than normal, he does fall asleep very quickly though!!
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 3:31 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• This must be your first child to go...lol. You'll miss her, but she'll have fun and you'll get used to some quiet time. My youngest just started kindergarten this year. It's all good. He's in a safe place, he's learning, he's got friends.....my house gets cleaned. I love it!
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 4:34 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• No she is starting next year. Will you be able to vollinteer at her school? if so maybe you can do that and you will be able to help out and
    you won't have to miss her so much. When my kids were in school the parents weren't allowed to be at the school.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 11:31 PM on Feb. 10, 2011