Skin care

ok couple of questions hope you guys can help me. first i have really dry skin on my face so i try to just wash with just water. second i have alot on my cheeks and nose. i have tried alot of products and just sick and tired of buying them. if i put on lotion for the dryness i tend to break out with pimples. i have one of those black head tools but i just cant seem to open the pores up so they will come out easy.
what is the best thing i can do to one get the black heads out and shrink my pores and to moistureize my skin.
i also dont wear makeup because if i do i will break out as well along with the fact that it often makes my skin look even drier on my eyes and t zone. i would really like to be able to have clear skin and be able to put on makeup without it causing more problems and look good.

laura970

Asked by laura970 at 2:34 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I have really dry skin as well and I find that using cetaphil products work for me and don't cause me to break out. I use the face wash and their moisturizer. Good luck and I hope you find something that works well for you!
    Cynthia86

Answer by Cynthia86 at 2:37 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• You might try looking into the Oil Cleansing Method. When I used it my pores were clearer than they had ever been.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 2:39 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• thats one thing im trying to figure out is because i have so many blackheads my skin must be oily (or the common thought is) but when i use a product for oily skin it drys it out really bad.
    hmm i might try the cetaphil.
    laura970

Comment by laura970 (original poster) at 2:45 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I have to second oil cleansing. It cleared out my pores in a couple days. I make my own with olive oil and castor oil. For a few bucks I get months worth of product. Since your skin is dry right now you'd mix 90% olive oil with 10% castor oil(castor oil is very cleansing, but it's also really drying). Massage it in, then cover your face with a warm wet washcloth. When it cools wipe the oils off, rinse the cloth and put it on your face until it cools again.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 4:21 PM on Feb. 9, 2011