Would you use "pulling out" as an effective form of BC if you could not use the other forms of BC????

I have a lot of allergies, and can not use BC pills, foams, or even condoms for that matter. I don't want to get my tubes tied yet. I am only 29. DH has said for the last 4 years that he will get fixed, and he hasn't yet. He said maybe later on he would like to have another child. So do you think "pulling out" is a safe form of BC???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 AM on Jul. 8, 2008 in Health

• no i wouldn't use it as a safe form i heard there was foam kind?
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 3:37 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• it wouldn't be a safe form..sperm is there before the climax
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:10 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Although technically it's considered 86% effective, that's still not all that great of odds. What exactly is it in condoms that you're allergic to? I ask because there are MANY different kinds of condoms and I've honestly never met someone who was allergic to all brands, material types, and coating types.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 6:41 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• we tried that ~ our daughter turned 8 in june :)
    tntornado45

Answer by tntornado45 at 8:12 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Have you heard of NFP? It does work if both husband and wife are willing to have self-discipline.

Here is a link for more info: http://www.nfpandmore.org/Effectiveness.shtml  
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 8:25 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• We use it because I have a similar problem to yours. Most condoms cause an allergic reaction because of something they're treated with. I'm allergic to spermacide. I'm allergic to any birth control that uses hormones. And many of the other forms of birth control I won't use for safety reasons or because they make me nervous (too many horror stories from people I know IRL).

We use the pull out method. So far it's worked and we've been using it for 11 years. Only one of our children was unplanned and that's because he accidentally came inside of me once (actually he's done it a few times but once we got pregnant from it).

Statistically it's not the best form of birth control. You can still get pregnant from precum though it's not overly common. Also there are issues with his not pulling out in time. You can increase your chances of not getting pregnant by just not having sex when you think you're ovulating.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 8:36 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Me and My Husband tried this and our Daughter is 2
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Safe yes, highly effective no. I feel your pain. I am allergic to the non-oxyinal9 spermicide used widely in foam, inserts and on condoms, I am also alergic to latex, I didn't use the IUD because of HOW it works. We did however find condoms made of with no latex and contain no spermicidal. Good Luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• We use nfp along with pulling out if we have sex when I am ovulating. My brother and sister in law use the pulling out method as well. He said that he just read in a magazine that if used correctly it is 95% effective. I would check into nfp. Read the book, Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. It is a great book.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Not if you don't want another baby. It is better than nothing, but totally high risk for getting pregnant. I'd make your husband the appt. and see if he goes. If not, then another baby is on or coming from him!
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 9:19 AM on Jul. 8, 2008