Potty Training

My daughter started potty training last week. She just woke up and did not want to wear diapers. She was doing a great job! Pretty steady about it. Then she came back from her dad's for the weekend, and has no interest in the potty anymore. He knew all about it. What the heck is going on? She was going strong for a whole week.

Amber211

Asked by Amber211 at 2:42 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter is 3 yrs old and we have been on that roller coaster. She just decided that she wanted to go on the big girl potty. We have tried 5-6 times. It is hard trust me. I hope my second child is way easier. I found that when she is ready she is ready. Give her rewards for when she does go and if she does has an accident tell her its ok. Don't make a big deal about it. She will learn its yucky. They go at their own pace. You can never force them to do it. Just try and see if she wants to try it on the big potty like a big girl or like mommy
    lilsxychcica121

Answer by lilsxychcica121 at 2:50 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• lol well he prob didn't wanna take her to the toilet. Dads get lazy.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 2:55 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• it's common to regress! You and the father just need to be consistant and patient. If you sit her on the toilet and she just doesnt have to go nor wants to go, try again in a little bit. Reward charts are helpful! my son gets a big sticker whenever he goes. he caught on quick! One day he asked for a sticker, I told him the stickers are for when he goes pee pee or poo poo in the potty. He ran to the bathroom and peed rigt away LOL. Make the bathroom "her own". If ds wants to put the sticker on the toilet seat or the bathroom wall, I let him. and I also put a basket of his favorite books in there! He has his own soap and washcloth. If she has a little potty you could put it in the living room for convenience. When my son regressed I put his potty in the LR and when he had an accident sat him on the potty right away. He got the hang of it and I slowly moved it to the bathroom.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:56 PM on Feb. 9, 2011