Best Bottles?

I plan on breast feeding, but my fiance wants to be able to help feed the baby when she comes, we went looking for bottles to look at the different brands and such, and were completely confused as to what would be the best for the baby... SO as other moms, what have you found to be the best bottles out there?

One of the brands that we are looking at is semi new I guess, so has anyone used Tommee Tippee? Are they good? I want the baby to still want to breast feed even if we sometimes give her a bottle... any advice is appreciated!

mysticlady1221

Asked by mysticlady1221 at 2:45 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• I went the old fashion route. I bought glass bottles. They worked out awesome and when she is done with bottles I can recycle them
    lilsxychcica121

Answer by lilsxychcica121 at 2:47 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• i used nuk. its support breast feeding and i was able to switch back and forth from bottle to breast without a hitch. i really like them because its the shape of the nipple when they are sucking. but not never heard of tommee tippee
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 2:48 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I loved the Doc Brown ones. My youngest (preemie) never had any trouble eating, and never any problems with gas; I never even had to burp him.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:48 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• We used glass bottles and doctor brown bottles, the doctor brown bottles i loved, they help prevent colic and i dont know if that was it or it was just my baby, but my baby never had colic or alot of gas. As for glass, they were ok, i guess it depends on what brand you use but we bought Gerber and they were awful. Every single bottle of ours cracked and busted, i even had one pop in my hand soaking me with formula. They were expensive and we had a buy a ton because they kept breaking in the end we just used the doctor brown bottles because i didnt want to take the risk of the bottle bursting over my son.
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 2:53 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• born free brand is awesome because it works well from birth to toddler.
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 3:22 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I have used several diff bottles but really liked the Playtex bottles with the disposable liners. I always use the silicone nipples because they are softer. I used the Avent bottle/nipple sterilizer thing. Believe me when ur tired the last thing u wanna do is scrub bottles which is why the liner is so great.. My sister-in-law also used this bottle that the baby can use on roadtrips. The nipple portion is attached to a tube which goes to the bottle but virtually it's handsfree and would be superconvenient when the situation arises where there's a need for it.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 3:46 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I love using the Dr. Browns for my children. I breastfed my babies and when hubby did a feeding it was always with the Dr. Borwns. He had less trouble with feeding and burping than I did when they were on me!!! I am pregnant again, and we just went out and bought 2 more packs of Dr. Browns.
    summerbear

Answer by summerbear at 7:56 PM on Feb. 9, 2011