How do i know

How do i know if i am ready to grocery shop...

I want to buy fruits and veggies.. and make snacks and food that is good.
i know to heat up carrots so they are more fun to eat.. but celery.. broccolli my son hates the stringy part.. and so much on mind im worried that i am going to go and be totally un sure if i know what i am getting! :(

Mrs.Ro

Asked by Mrs.Ro at 3:01 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Normally i have a little notepad and throughout the week when i run out of something i put it on my list as i go and i will do recipe hunting and if i find anything that i want to try i write down the ingredients that i need and then by the time two weeks rolls around ill have my list all ready. Sometimes ill need hubby to run to the store for me for that occasional dish i wasnt meaning to prepare or ill have some company i wasnt expecting.
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 3:06 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• grocery list!!!! I cant shop without one. do you have a food processor? one fun way to add veggies to the diet is pizza toppings! Buy a frozen one or make one from scratch (fun activity too) and add chopped veggies! you can add them to soups, process and add to pasta sauce, I make "hot pockets" from scratch and hide veggies in there. also try offering some hummus or ranch dip with veggies for a snack
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:07 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• How old is your son? My daughter is 4 and I limit her intake on junk. She eats celery not a fan of carrots. She eats salads. She eats any kind of Fruit almost. Cheese squares are a hit with her too. Thats for snacks or lunch with a sandwhich. Dinner is what i make she eats no choice unless its friday or we go out. I have been shoping for every 2 weeks if i run out of bread or milk i run upto the store anything else has to wait. I always make sure i have aleast i can of fruit in case i run out of fresh fruit. Also the kids love canned veggies I rinse them 1st to get some of the salt off
    tomsjennabean

Answer by tomsjennabean at 3:08 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• bump

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 3:29 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• just make a list.. dont impulse buy! i do that sometimes instead of not making a list and i get home with alot of random stuf fif im not careful or atleast make a list in my head lol
    momaholly

Answer by momaholly at 1:31 PM on Feb. 13, 2011